Welcome to Shred de Roots
TMBRA Fall Series XC Race
Come out to the woods for some old school racing down your old friend Hamburger Hill!
We are back (to the future) using the original race course from back in the day.
This race is sanctioned by USA Cycling and is a part of the TMBRA Texas Fall Cup XC Mtn Bike Series.
For more information, you can join the Shred de Roots Facebook Public Group .
Beat the rush on Sunday morning. We will be onsite at Huntsville State Park on Friday from noon to 5 PM for on-site registration. Also, pre-registered racers can pick up your number plates. Registration will also be available on Sunday starting at 7:00 AM and closes at 15 minutes prior to each group starts.
Speaking of beating the rush - Texas Parks and Wildlife has a new program which is perfect for race days. Instead of sitting in the line to get into the park- you now can buy the Day Pass during registration on BikeReg for Shred de Roots
Keep in mind each person needs a Day Pass if you don't have Annual Park Pass (click here for TWPD Park Pass )
Make a weekend out of it!
Come to Friday and Saturday events!
*** FRIDAY NIGHT RACE ***
A time-based, short-course race. $20 for Registration and BRING YOUR LIGHTS
This is a NON-TMBRA event. Purely for FUN. This event is sponsored by PROGRESS COFFEE
As this is sanctioned through USAC, you need to either have a license or get a on-day license (available through BikeReg for Shred de Roots )
*** SATURDAY KIDS KUP ***
Don't forget about the FREE New-Racers Clinic that is Saturday at 1 pm- no registration needed.
James Webb is back hosting the Kids Kup race on Saturday at 2 PM - any bikes are allowed (Striders, Training wheels, Big Wheels!) bring the kids and get them started on the fun. Registration is Saturday from noon to 2 PM for this race.
We, TIN Racing and Friends, are organizing this event with the intent to help raise funds for Greater Houston Cycling Foundation (GHCF). We believe cycling races are better driven as grass root events. Hence, we need lots of volunteers… Yes, VOLUNTEERS
You (or your friends and family) can sign up for a VOLUNTEER Role on this link: SignUp to Volunteer at Shred de Roots
As a token of appreciation, we will give you Shred de Roots t-shirt. Also, we will provide lunch on Sunday
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
First and foremost, be kind and be respectful to people around you - fellow racers, event staff and other people. Help us make this event a successful one.
We observe the CDC’s Guidance for Organizing Large Events and Gatherings
We are encouraging participants to pay attention to the following points:
- Stay Home when Appropriate
- Please stay home if you have tested positive for COVID-19, have COVID-19 symptoms, or have had close contact with a person who has tested positive
- Physical (Social) Distancing
- Packet Pickup (on Friday and Saturday) will allow you to stay in your car (drive thru mode is ON)
- Places will be marked where appropriate to remind the 6-ft distance
- Attendees are advised to refrain from handshaking, hugging and other social contact.
- Due to the current COVID-19 situation you must wear a mask anytime you are not in your car, through staging, and immediately after you finish.
- Please wear your mask when you are in close proximity of other people from different household.
- Hand Hygiene
- Be very mindful of touching your face and always wash or sanitize your hands after using the restroom, sneezing, coughing, blowing your nose, eating, or touching your face.
- Consider carrying your own hand-sanitizer in your pack along with your hydration and snacks.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available near port-a-potties as well as at the number pick-up tent